Admissions - Nursery
Swaffield is a very happy school which is focused on pupils’ learning.
Parents are highly positive about the school and its work.
This in part is due to your high expectations of pupils’ work.
Extract from our last Ofsted report
The deadline to apply for a place starting in September 2024 is Monday 5th February 2024.
This is for children born between 1st September 2020 and 31st August 2021.
Children are admitted into Swaffield Nursery when they are three years old.
We also offer a limited number of early placements, starting in January 2024 for children born between 1st September 2020 and 31st December 2021.
Swaffield School Nursery offers parents an excellent choice for their child's Nursery education and we offer parents flexibility to suit their needs.
We'd be very happy to show you around Nursery and Swaffield School.
Follow the link above to select a tour date that suits you.
Admissions Policy and Early Years Education
- Find out how Nursery places are allocated at Swaffield by reading our Admissions Policy for Nursery Places for September 2024.
- You can find out more about Early Years Education in Wandsworth here: Choosing Early Education in Wandsworth.
How To Apply
Applications for a Nursery place should be made direct to us by filling in an application form by Monday 5th February 2024. Either:
* complete this online application form
* or download this Nursery Application Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of our Admissions Officer (Sue Medhurst). Alternatively, please post your completed form or bring it into the School Office.
Have a question? Please call us on 020 8874 2825 and we'd be happy to help.
Nursery Place Options
We offer parents flexibility with our Nursery places options include full-time and part-time places.
PART-TIME NURSERY PLACES
Option A: child attends Nursery part-time: morning place between 8.45am and 11.30am each day, Monday to Friday, term time.
This is 15 hours funded by HMRC.
FULL-TIME NURSERY PLACES: We offer full-time places as follows:
Option B: Full-Time: HMRC 15 hours funding PLUS 15 hours Additional Funding from
HMRC. Find out whether you qualify by visiting www.childcarechoices.gov.uk
Option C: Full-Time: HMRC 15 hours funding plus 15 hours Free Top-Up funded by
the school (we offer a limited number of these places. In order to qualify, all applicants MUST
apply for the additional HMRC funding and provide proof that they DO NOT meet the criteria. Please
note this is subject to availability and at the school's discretion).
Free full-time places in Nursery are offered using the criteria below (as set by the government).
Check whether you are eligible for the government's 30 hours free childcare by visiting their website https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/
- Each parent (or the sole parent in a single parent family) will need to earn, on average, the equivalent of 16 hours on the national minimum wage per week, and no more than £100,000 per year.
- A family with an annual household income of £199,998 would be eligible if each parent earns just under £100,000.
- Self-employed parents and parents on zero-hours contracts will be eligible if they meet the average earnings threshold.
- If further full-time places are available, these may be offered to parents who don't qualify (Option C).
What Is Swaffield School Like?
Visit our Welcome page to see our school video and get a taste of our wonderful school.
You can also find out more about life at Swaffield by taking a look at some of our recent newsletters.
When Will You Hear about Nursery Places?
We informed parents of the outcomes of applications for Nursery places for September 2024 in March 2024.
We realise the importance of offering wrap-around care to parents and are pleased to offer Out of School Care before and after the school day for children at our school.
Find out more here.
Sunrise and Sunset are available for children aged 3 to 11.
Sunrise is open before school from 7.15am to 9am
Sunset is open after school until 6.30pm