Courses For Parents/Adults 19+
Due to Government Funding in the Adult Education Budget. AIM Group has several Free online Level 2 Accredited (OFSTED, NCFE, CACHE, CQC) Courses available to help parents better understand some key issues around young people's mental health and general wellbeing.
What Courses Are Available?
They currently have the following subjects available, along with others you may like:
• Equality and Diversity - Introduction to the concept of equality and diversity and the importance of it in our society, community and workplace. BAME (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic) groups and BLM (Black Lives Matters) appreciation.
• Safeguarding & Prevent - Understanding signs of neglect and how to identify vulnerability. Awareness of the struggles of people who live in abusive and harmful environments.
• Children & Young People's Mental Health - Exploring mental health and understanding how to support the youth with their mental struggles. Developing and improving skills to better provide a mentally safe environment.
• Caring for Children & Young People & Adverse Childhood Experiences - Introduction to adverse childhood experiences (domestic violence, divorce, death). Exploring childhood and the family structure.
• Behaviour That Challenges - Supporting positive behaviour, effective communications & how to manage challenging behaviour.
• Specific Learning Difficulties & Understanding Autism - Understanding characteristics of ADHD, ADD, Dyslexia & Dyscalculia, the importance of early diagnosis, assessment methods available to diagnose learning difficulties. Knowledge of the various spectrums and guidance of methods of management for challenging behaviour and autism awareness.
On average the courses take between 15-35 hours to complete within a 6-week window and are completed on a laptop or computer at the learner's home.
No Exams or endpoint assessments are involved, the courses are purely Q&A based and are available to you 24/7.
You can do as many as you like, however, you can just do one at a time.
The only criteria the learner must meet to be eligible is the following..
• Aged 19 or over on or before 31st August 2020
• Have lived in the UK/EU for 3+ years
• Not already on a government-funded course (Apprenticeship for example)
If you are interested in undertaking one of these free online wellbeing courses, then please complete the following link below as soon as possible. This will grant you direct access to these government funds in order to complete your chosen course free and fully funded!
* If you have any queries/questions, please email Shola Olla at The AIM Group on - email@example.com
Important information from AIM Group:
Please be advised to only enrol if genuinely interested. These courses are paid for via government funds in order to allow the public to complete them for free. AIM Group advise that if an individual enrols on a course, accesses these government funds and makes no attempt whatsoever to complete it, they may be liable for the fee of enrolment. This classifies as a blatant non-effort and a waste of funding. However, if the individual needs extra time (an additional 3/4 weeks for example) and communicates this to the college with a valid reason, extensions will be granted upon request.