Moving On To Secondary School
Which Secondary Schools do Swaffield pupils move onto?
We are proud at Swaffield that we prepare our children so well for their transition to secondary school.
In recent years, our Year 6 children have moved onto or been offered places at a wide range of state, grammar, and private secondary schools.
Our Year 6 children have recently secured places at the following schools:
Open Events at Wandsworth Secondary Schools
Secondary schools usually have their open mornings and evenings in the Summer Term and the Autumn Term.
Please check dates and times with individual schools by clicking on their name:
Applications for a place for September 2024
Parents/carers of children transferring to secondary school in September 2024, need to apply via Wandsworth Council by the deadline of 31st October 2023.
You can also visit Wandsworth Council's website here.
Apply online at www.eadmissions.org.uk between 1st September 2023 and the final deadline of 31st October 2023.
Please ensure all applications are completed before the deadlines. Wandsworth Council advises parents to submit their application before the October half term holiday. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered in the first wave of offers.
We will upload a copy of the "Choose A Wandsworth Secondary School" Brochure as soon as we receive the digital version from Wandsworth Council.
Information about Wandsworth Secondary Schools
- You can read a copy of the Choose A Wandsworth Secondary School brochure here. This has been emailed to parents too.
- You can find out more about Wandsworth Secondary Schools on the Wandsworth Council website or by visiting each school's website using the links in the list below.
How to Apply
- Children needed to be registered to take the Wandsworth Year 6 Tests before the deadline of 5th September 2023.
- Those children who are registered will take the Wandsworth Tests at a secondary school not at Swaffield.
- Applications for a place in September 2024 open on 1st September 2023 and close on 31st October 2023. Wandsworth Council require you to apply online via their admissions website.
- Visit the website: www.eadmissions.org.uk
- Or you can also use the link from Wandsworth Council's website: www.wandsworth.gov.uk/admissions
- If you do not have access to the Internet, you can request a paper copy from Wandsworth Council.
- Wandsworth Council will notify you of the outcome of your application on 1st March 2024.
If you want to apply for a specialist place in a Wandsworth school you will need to obtain the appropriate Supplementary Information Form (SIF) from the school, complete it and return it to the school by the date shown in the Choose A Wandsworth Secondary School brochure. Testing will take place in September and October.
Applications for Grammar Schools
The timetable for these schools starts much sooner and varies from school to school; open days for some are in June and July.
There are no state funded grammar schools in Wandsworth. The nearest ones are in Surrey and they are all single sex.
The schools for girls are:
The boys’ schools are:
If you are thinking about applying for a grammar school, it is really important that you find out the entry requirements and closing dates for each individual school early.
Each school has its own entry requirements. They all require the children to sit at least one test. You have to register in advance to take the test - different schools have different closing dates for registration, but they are usually between June and the very beginning of September.
The tests themselves usually take place in September and October. Each school has a different type of test. Some will be verbal and non-verbal reasoning; others will include an essay question and a maths test. Once your child has taken the test, you will be told if they have passed. If they have passed, you can put the school down as one of your choices on the Wandsworth schools application form.
Passing the test does not guarantee a place at the school.
Applications for Independent Schools
Independent schools are not funded by the council.
There are a variety of Independent Schools in Wandsworth or within easy reach of the borough.
Copies of the brochure published by Wandsworth Council are available from the start of the autumn term and can be downloaded from their website.
Telephone: 020 8871 7316
It is advisable to start looking at least a year in advance, as places can be filled up to six months in advance. Schools usually interview prospective students and will ask for a report from your child's current school. The children that they are considering will need to sit an entrance exam, testing their levels of Literacy, Numeracy and reasoning.