Year 6 is the final year in Key Stage 2 (KS2).
Children in Year 6 wear black sweatshirts to show that they are the oldest children in the school.
This gives our Year 6 children a sense of responsibility and a pride in being role models for the younger children.
School starts at 9.00am and finishes at 3.15pm.
This induction booklet for Year 6 contains useful information.
Classes And Teachers
|6 QUOKKA (Room 2A)||| Miss Halksworth|
|6 NARWHAL (Room 2C)||| Mrs Duffy & Ms Cantons|
SUMMER TERM 2019
Our focus topic this term is Our Changing World
Year 6 Production July 2019
- Wednesday 10th July - Sports Day for Y2 - Y6 inclusive
- Thursday 11th July - Year 6 Production: 5pm Middle Hall
- Friday 12th July - Trumpet Concert for Year 4 plus Year 5 & Year 6 continuers
- Thursday 18th July - Year 6 Leavers' Disco
- Please ensure you check the key dates relating to secondary school applications.
Please visit our 'Moving onto Secondary School' page for information.
Letters and News
- This letter gives details of all of the end of year activities.
- A SATs information session for parents was held last term. You can download copies of the presentation here.Please ensure your child brings in a named water bottle each day
- Swaffield School app - please ensure you have downloaded and have registered in the school app to ensure you are kept up-to-date with what's happening
Please ensure your child has the correct P.E. kit for their P.E. lessons and brings it in on a Monday and takes it home on a Friday. Trainers are essential for outdoor P.E and tracksuit bottoms are optional.
Homework will continue to be handed out on a Friday and should be returned on a Tuesday.
There is more information on our Homework page where you can find out more details of our homework policy, guidance for parents and also download some useful information to help you support your child at home.
Year 6 children are expected to read every night and to write a comment in their Reading Records. Take a look at the Reading List for Year 6 for some inspiration on what books to choose.
Supporting Your Child At Home
You can find some useful resources to help you support your Year 6 child at home on our Year 6 Revision page.
There is also some helpful information on our Homework page giving ideas to help your child.
Pupils in Year 6 take the following tests:
The Wandsworth Secondary School tests took place on Thursday 20th September 2018.
These tests cover verbal and non-verbal reasoning and the children do a few practice papers in school to help prepare for these. You can also visit the Wandsworth Council website for more information.
Please continue to support your child with their homework and revision throughout the year in order to help prepare them for their SATs tests in the week beginning 13th May.
Please visit the Year 6 Revision page for resources to help you support your child.
Parents' Evenings are held in the Autumn and Spring Terms - a private 15-minute appointment with your child's teacher to discuss progress.
If you'd like to speak to the teacher at any other time, please contact the School Office to make an appointment.
Children in Year 5 and Year 6 may bring a mobile phone in to school. Please see the office staff for a permission letter, these need to be signed and returned to school before any phones are allowed in. Mobile phones may not be used in school and should be handed in to the class teacher for safe keeping during the day.
The deadline for applications for Secondary School was 31st October 2018.
Please see the information below and our Moving On To Secondary School page where you will find all information and a PDF version of the 'Choose a Wandsworth Secondary School' booklet .
Year 6 children were given the 'Choose a Wandsworth Secondary School' booklet in early September.
and were invited for 1 to 1 meetings about the secondary transfer application with Miss Halksworth.
Information about Wandsworth Secondary Schools
- Year 6 children were given the 'Choose a Wandsworth Secondary School' booklet in the first few days of term in September.
- Year 6 pupils are encouraged to visit as many schools as possible. Your child may accompany you on daytime visits, which are authorised and do not affect your child's attendance record.
How to Apply
For further information please visit:
- visit the website: www.eadmissions.org.uk
- Or you can also use the link from Wandsworth Council's website: www.wandsworth.gov.uk/admissions
- If you do not have access to the Internet, you can request a paper copy from Wandsworth Council.
- Our Moving on to Secondary School page
- Wandsworth Council's Secondary Admissions page which contains information, the 'Choose A Wandsworth Secondary School' booklet and a link for online applications.
If you wish, you can send in a plate of fruit or donate a book to your child’s class and write a birthday message inside.
Swaffield is a 'Healthy School' and, as such, we do not allow sweets, chocolate or cakes to be brought into the classroom. This includes birthday cakes.
You may provide a plate of prepared fruit for the class to share if you wish.
If you wish you can buy a book to donate to your child's class and it will be inscribed:
"This book has been donated to Class ... to celebrate the birthday of ......... .........."
(It is always best to check the suitability of a particular book, with the class teacher, before you purchase it.)
Please DO NOT ask teachers to distribute 'birthday bags' or invitations.