Classes & Teachers
| Miss Brent (Teacher)
| Miss Melville-Thomas (Teacher)
Half-Termly Homework Project
You can see this half term's homework project here. Also sent home by email.
News & Dates
We send letters and other important information to parents and carers via email. It's really important that you ensure the School Office has your current email address.
Monday 12th September - Year 1 Welcome Meeting: 3.30pm
- an opportunity for parents to meet the teachers.
View a copy of the slides from Year 1's Welcome Meeting here.
- Friday 23rd September - Whole School Welcome Family BBQ from 4.00pm
Join us as we get together to celebrate the start of the new school year. No ticket needed.
- Tuesday 4th & Wednesday 5th October: Individual and sibling school photos.
- Thursday 13th October - 3.30pm to 4pm: Year 1 Phonics Workshop
- Wednesday 19th October: 7pm to 8pm - Governor Strategy Workshop with parents. All welcome.
- Thursday 20th October: 9am to 9.30am - Reception Parent Workshop: "How to support your child with Reading and Maths"
- Friday 21st October: 9am to 10am - Governor Strategy Workshop with parents. All welcome.
- Monday 31st October - Inset day
- Thursday 17th November
- School closes at 1:40pm for parents' evening.
Out of School Care will be available.
- Parents' Evening - by appointment between 2pm and 7.30pm
Keep up-to-date with what's happening at Swaffield by clicking on the links below:
- School closes at 1:40pm for parents' evening.
Year 1 has PE lessons on Mondays and Thursdays.
On the days that the children have PE, we would like them to come to school in their PE kit so that they are ready for their PE lesson.
Please ensure your child comes to school wearing the correct PE kit on the days they have PE lessons. This is part of our school uniform rules as follows:
• Children from Reception upwards must wear a PE kit of maroon T-shirts, shorts / or skorts,
and trainers, with their school jumper/cardigan to school on the days they have PE.
• Leggings (not tights) may be worn underneath shorts if needed.
• Grey jogging bottoms may be worn.
* Children should also wear their school jumper/cardigan in colder weather.
The School Day
Morning Drop Off Time: 8:45am - 8:55am
Please make sure your child arrives at school in their 10-minute window each morning.
If your child is late, they will need to come into school via the School Office Main Entrance.
Afternoon Pick Up Time: 3:15pm
Please make sure your child is picked up on time at the end of the day.
Please phone the School Office if you are delayed.
If you've arranged for someone else to collect your child please inform
the class teacher, teaching assistant or office staff in advance.
Milk is available break time for those who have signed up to the Cool Milk service. Milk is subsidised for all primary school children and is free for under 5’s as well as those who get free school meals .
Find out more including how to register by visiting www.coolmilk.com.
Children in Year 1 are eligible for a free school meal which is funded by the Government.
You can find out more about lunches and get a copy of the current
school lunch menu here.
Alternatively, you may choose for your child to have a packed lunch, provided by you. You will need to inform the School Office and you must give half a term's notice.
Please note that Swaffield is a nut-free school.
There is more information on our Homework page where you can find out more details of our homework policy, guidance for parents and also download some useful information to help you support your child at home.
- In addition to daily reading, children will need to practise their spelling words and mental maths each week ready to be tested on Tuesdays.
- Homework will be given out on Thursdays and should be returned the following Monday.
- Please ensure your child reads every day and write a positive comment in their yellow reading record and make sure your child brings this to school with them every day.
Please visit our Reading & Books page for more information about Reading; you can also look at a reading list for Year 1 there.
Parents Seeing Teachers
The teachers are always pleased to speak to parents/carers of the children they teach, but it is not possible for them to talk to you when they are responsible for a class.
Please make an appointment to speak to your child's teacher on the phone by calling the School Office. or speak to the teacher when dropping off or collecting your child.
The Head, and Deputy Head teachers are very happy to see parents/carers too. Please contact the School Office to make an appointment to speak to them.
In the event of the school or the year group bubble being closed Year 1's learning will be via Google Classroom.
Children in Years 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and Year 6 have digital classrooms where they can access learning set by their teachers.
They simply login to Google Classroom and click on their class name.