Fun & Educational Websites
Below you will find links to some fun and interesting sites to help your child with their learning.
If you find any other good sites that you think should be added then go to our Comments Box on the Contact Us page and let us know.
We would also like to draw your attention to INTERNET SAFETY and recommend you (pupils, parents and teachers) visit our E-safety Zone which will help you and your children stay safe online.
Please also visit a website called www.thinkuknow.co.uk
Helping Your Child with Maths at Home
Please visit our Maths page to find out ways in which you can help your child with maths at home.
- GRID CLUB:
We highly recommend accessing this wonderful Learning Centre which the school subscribes to and therefore requires a LOGIN USERNAME and PASSWORD which all children have been given.
If you need to have this again, please ask your teacher.
- Oxford Owl: information clips by curriculum subject area
- CBEEBIES: Fun and Games with all your favourite pre-school characters
- Family London - Great for finding out what's new and exciting in and around London
- Newsround - The latest news from the Newsround Team
- Science Clips - BBC Bitesize Science for KS2 - a fun, interactive science site for children
- Times Tables Games - Learn your times tables with fun, interactive games! There are more links on our Maths page
- Woodlands Junior School: A very popular website, full of information, activities, games etc. for you to explore and enjoy!
Sites which require a subscription:
Mathletics - an online platform for improving and reinforcing Maths skills
BUSYTHINGS: Fun site with lots for children age from 3 to 7 inclusive.
These are apps that either we've used or that have been recommended to us by teachers & parents.
Please check whether they are for iPAD, iPHONE, iPOD TOUCH, ANDROID or KINDLE FIRE
Most are free to begin with then they ask you to pay for an upgrade.
We urge you to check out the content of any app that you download yourself before letting your child go on it.
That way you can make sure that you’re happy that it's suitable for your child.
• Kid Mode: Play + Learn - Basic number skills (Android, Kindle Fire)
• Mathmateer Free - Multiple math skills (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch)
• Kid Math Game - Kid Math Games - Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division
• Let's Do the Math
• Peter Pig's Money Counter - Coin counting
• Counting Coins and Bills app - counting money (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch)
• iSolveIt:MathSquared and MathScaled (iPad)
• Aardy's Multiplication (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch)
• Ace Multiply Matrix (iPad)
• Simplex Spelling Lite
• iWriteWords - aimed at young children who are learning the alphabet and basic spelling.
• Book Creator (requires payment) creates eBooks with text, photos, audio & video
• abc PocketPhonics (free then paid for) UK designed literacy app which helps young learners with their phonics and letter formation
• Wordsplosion (free+in app purchase) one of many spelling/word games
Links & ResourcesLITTLE VOICES - drama and singing lessons for children based at Swaffield
World Heart Beat - music academy
PARENTS' NEWS - a monthly newsletter designed for all parents and carers with useful information.
PERFORM4SCHOOLS - bringing learning to life through drama.
SUPER CAMPS - School holiday activity camps for children.
THEATRE TRAIN - the company that loves to perform.
Wandsworth Family Information Service - information on childcare, parenting courses, activities for children etc
Wandsworth Lifelong Learning - adults and children having fun learning together.