Work for Week Commencing 30th March
Friday 3rd April 2020
- Here is your work for today.
- PE: try out this fun yoga! Cosmic Kids Yoga
- Reading Eggs are offering parents free access currently. Click on the logo.
- Check out:
(Please note that the comments function has been disabled on our YouTube Channel.)
Thursday 2nd April 2020
Wednesday 1st April 2020
Tuesday 31st March 2020
Monday 30th March 2020
- Here is your work for today.
- PE: Year 2 are to participate in a Cosmic Kids Yoga on Monday
Years 2 are also encouraged to continue participating in the Joe Wicks online workout at 9:00am if they wish.
Work for Week Commencing 23rd March
Friday 27th March 2020
- Here is your work for today.
- Watch this week's Above & Beyond Assembly
by clicking on the Above & Beyond Badge.
- Take a look at some free online story books on
- 9am PE with Joe Wix - scroll down for info
- Swaffield YouTube Channel - scroll down for link and subscribe to get notifications of new uploads
Please note that the comments function has been disabled on our YouTube Channel.
- Home Learning Page - scroll down for link
Thursday 26th March 2020
Wednesday 25th March 2020
Tuesday 24th March 2020
Monday 23rd March 2020
- Here is your work for today.Fo
- Here's today's singing assembly with Mrs Grayson
- Listen to Salamander's story time for today in three parts
Home Learning: PE
Starting Monday 23rd March Joe Wicks (The Body Coach) is going to be hosting a free workout aimed at kids LIVE on his YouTube channel every morning at 9:00am.
Follow the instructions below to subscribe to his YouTube channel and participate in his workouts.
Please understand that children are expected to complete exercise every day.
Encourage your children to participate!
Go to youtube.com
Search ‘Joe Wicks’ in the search engine
Click ‘Subscribe’ to The Body Coach TV
Enjoy the workout!
Year 2 is the second and last year of Key Stage 1 (KS1)
The children are encouraged to be as self-reliant and independent as possible.
|2 Chameleon (1F)||Miss Kelly|
|2 Gecko (1G)||Miss Patel|
|2 Salamander (1I)||Miss Lane|
About Year 2
You can download/read the induction booklet for Year 2 here which contains lots of useful information about Year 2. .
In KS1 children continue to learn through practical activities. However, in Year 2 there is a greater emphasis on recording their work in their books. Throughout the year, teachers continuously assess the children’s progress and attainment against national standards. At the end of the summer term you will receive a written report on your child’s achievements.
SPRING TERM 2020
Here's is some useful information about what we'll be doing this term.
Our topic for the term is Australia.
Dates & Information
- We encourage children to bring in a named water bottle so that they may drink water in class
- Please also check the Calendar or Diary Listing page to see whole school events
- Swaffield School app - please ensure you have downloaded and registered in the app to ensure you are kept up-to-date with what's happening
- Homework is given on Wednesdays and should be returned the following Monday.
- There is more information on our Homework page where you can find out more details of our homework policy, guidance for parents and also download some useful information to help you support your child at home
Please ensure your child reads every day and write a positive comment in their yellow reading record and make sure your child brings this to school with them every day.
Please visit our Reading & Books page for more information about Reading. You can see the reading list for Year 2 here.
The School Day
Start of the Day
Punctuality is important:
- Children in Year 2 line up in the L-Shaped Playground near the steps and need to join the line when the first bell goes at 8.47am.
- The bell rings again at the start of the school day at 8.50am.
- Please make sure your child arrives on time. If your child is late, it is very unsettling for your child and the class. Also, your child is missing valuable learning time.
- If he/she is late, you must collect a red slip from the front desk or School Office to enable them to be added to the register.
- The school day finishes at 3.05pm.
Your child will be offered a fruit/vegetable snack for morning break time.
No other snacks are permitted. Milk is now available break time for those who have signed up to the Cool Milk service. Milk is free for under 5’s as well as those who get free school meals and subsidised for all other primary school children. Find out more including how to register by visiting www.coolmilk.com
Year 2 children have their lunch break between 12.15pm and 1.15pm.
Children in Year 2 are eligible for a FREE school meal under the Government's universal infant school meals scheme.
If you think you would qualify for free school meals anyway, please contact the School Office as this enables us to access additional funding for school called Pupil Premium.
You need to write a slip of paper saying what your child wants to eat each day and give this in to your child's class teacher or teaching assistant.
End of the Day
Please collect your child promptly at 3.05pm. If you are delayed, please call the School Office. Children who are not collected on time are taken to the School Office to wait.
Please make sure that your child's clothes are labelled with their name. This is particularly important for school jumpers and fleeces as these are the items that tend to be lost most frequently.
Please visit our Uniform page for details of our school uniform and the link to our uniform supplier where you can buy items featuring the Swaffield logo.
Children are expected to have school PE kit.
Year 2 classes have PE on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Meeting TeachersParents' Evenings are held in the Autumn and Spring Terms - a private 15-minute appointment with your child's teacher to discuss progress.
If you wish to see the teacher at any other time, you can make an appointment through the School Office or by speaking to your child's teacher at dropping off or picking up time.
If you wish, you can send in a plate of fruit or donate a book to your child’s class and write a birthday message inside.
Swaffield is a 'Healthy School' and, as such, we do not allow sweets, chocolate or cakes to be brought into the classroom. This includes birthday cakes.
You may provide a plate of prepared fruit for the class to share if you wish.
If you wish you can buy a book to donate to your child's class and it will be inscribed,
"This book has been donated to Class ... to celebrate the birthday of ......... .........."
(It is always best to check the suitability of a particular book, with the class teacher, before you purchase it.)
Please DO NOT ask teachers to distribute 'birthday bags' or invitations.